Hey !

A very warm welcome to my blog! Hope you like it !
If u dont like it, suggestions for improving it are needed! So feel free to criticize and comment!


Thursday, June 19, 2014

Newton got it right !! Third time lucky !!

                           
                               In my childhood, i happened to come  across many proverbial sayings , either in books or through  elders' thoughts.I didn't understand the purpose of these proverbs. I just took satisfaction in the fact that i knew them by heart when asked. I understood their meaning but not really in the sense to apply or follow them in my life.  I didn't need to . Thank God for that ! :P

                              But now, at the age of 27 , I wish i could go back to that phase of my life , where i really didn't understand these sayings and live my life according to my wish. Even if i decide to abide by any of these proverbs or sayings, what makes it more confusing is the inability to decide which one i should go by. For each proverbial verse that suggests an action, there is a proverb which suggests an action exactly opposite. Seriously ?  Even proverbs seems to follow Newton's rule.

                              Do i persevere or let go ?  Do i have to be hasty or hesitate a lot ? Should i change for the society or be the way i am ? should i pursue my desires or be happy with what i have ?  do i judge people or not ?  should it be a team work or not ?

                               Confusing ,ain't it ? if i decide based on the situation , i can never know if its the right one , until i act upon it and face the consequences. And if the results are not the ones i desired, it is going to be a big mess. I suppose there is a thin line of difference between these sayings and it would probably be better if i follow that line. Don't know for sure .doubtful yet hopeful. ;-)

                                  Sharing some of these contradictory proverbs, in the hope of confusing you !! :P  ;-)

                           Out of Sight,Out of Mind :: Absence makes the heart grows fonder 

                           Try,Try,Try until you succeed :: Don't beat your head against a stone wall
  
                          All good things comes to those who wait :: Time and Tide waits for no man 

                                             Never judge a book by its cover :: Cloth makes the man

                          Above all, to thine own self be true :: When in Rome, do as Romans do

No comments:

Post a Comment